Saturday, October 13, 2012

Lindsey Stirling, Anyone?

So, my brother and some of his friends came up for a Lindsey Stirling concert here Wednesday. It was super great to see him. And, of course, the concert was awesome. If you have not heard about Lindsey Stirling, type her into Youtube and see some of her homewade, crazy cool videos. You can also check her webpage out here.

But who is this girl, you might ask? She's a woman who plays the violin and dances at the same time. She likes to do hip-hop music, and all of her music is original. She went on Dancing with the Stars and got chewed up at the final. But she just released her first CD and is touring all over the country, hence the concert I went to on Wednesday. She's very talented and cute and fun. Check her out if you're interested.

I think it's so cool that she has pursued her desires, even when people told her not to, and it might seem strange that her profession is playing the violin in a hip-hop way while dancing. But if God has given us talents and passions, we should pursue them with all our might and become the best so He gets the glory (this last part is easier said than done; so often I want the glory!) So, what passions/desires/gifts has God given you? It could be as simple as being a mother, or as crazy as being an underwater basket weaver.

And, because everyone loves pics, here are some of the hike I went on with some people from CCU (notice the snow; it was freezing!) And because I'm dumb, I forgot to take my camera with me to the Lindsey Stirling concert :).



No comments:

Post a Comment