Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pura Vida!

My sister and I just arrived back from two glorious weeks in Costa Rica. It was amazing, and very hard to come back to cold, bleak Amarillo. We spent time on both coasts (the Caribbean and Pacific) snorkeling, swimming in clear waters, and kayaking. We also got to zipline over the cloud-forest's canopy in Monteverde (exhilarating to say the least), gallop on horses, and watch sloths climb telephone poles. It was a lovely time. Here are some pictures of the highlights:

Puerto Viejo (Caribbean side)

Punta Uva

Drinking fresh coconut milk. Yum!
A waterfall we hiked to in La Fortuna

Volcan Arenal

Christy, my sister, swinging like Tarzan in the cloud-forest in Monteverde

The beach in Samara (Pacific side)

Tide pools and pools to snorkel at in Samara

It was a lovely trip, and I highly recommend Costa Rica to any travelers. Since I'm no longer in school, I will have more time to read different kinds of books and blogging, so make sure you stay tuned.  

A question to consider/comment on: If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why? Next on my list is Europe, God willing!



No comments:

Post a Comment