Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Review: The Princetta

The Princetta by Anne-Laure Bondoux

This book is an adventurous fiction novel for young adults. I've never read anything by this author before, so I didn't know what to expect. It was a fairly good book, but different than I expected. The main character, Malva, is a teenage princess who decides to run away from home when her parents tell her she must marry a man she has never met.

But that's where the normal princess story ends. Malva and her chambermaid face many dangers and new lands that test them and their companions to the limit. Will they survive the sea and the monsters within?
                                                     
                                                      This story was different than I thought it would be, but I still enjoyed it. I liked the adventures and new places the characters go. The story had several sad parts, but I think these made the story more realistic and pulled the reader deeper into the plot. Sometimes I felt disconnected from the characters and would have liked more detail about the places and creatures at times. But it's still an exciting and fun read.

1 comment:

  1. So many books, so little time(and so little money)! First, I would like to admit that I am reading a secular book is clearly written by a non-Christian. However, I am addicted to this series and yes it has vampires in it, but they are not the main attraction. Strangely enough, I have been lead to the Bible through these books. They are centered around beings called the Nephilim. What is the Nephilim? Well look it up in the Bible. Other scriptures are mentioned as well and I had to make sure what the author was saying was legitimate, so I looked it up. Mene Mene Tekel Parsin. If you have any insight into what it means to be found wanting please inform me. Also, have you heard of the curse of Cain? That is in there as well. So God has used a secular book to drive me to His Word. Isn't there a verse in the Bible about that. I will search for it. Whatever bring them in...

    ReplyDelete