Friday, May 11, 2012

Written or Typed?

Finals are over and I am back home in Amarillo, Texas! I already miss the mountains, but it is so good to be back with my family. Now I can read and write as much as I want (or as much as possible with my brother's graduation and birthday happening).

I was thinking about this the other day; I like to write the first drafts of my stories/poems on paper first, then type them later. This way, I can write anywhere, and I love writing outside. If you write on a computer, you have much less freedom where you write. But I usually do write essays first on the computer after outlining them on handwritten papers. I guess I just need more inspiration from outside with my stories than with my essays.

I also think writing on paper is more personal. That probably sounds crazy, I know, but I like to doodle or write down ideas on the sides of paper while I'm thinking. And I don't need to be able to write fast on first drafts, because the ideas come slowly at first. I always to go back and type them up though. So which do you prefer? Writing or typing? And if you haven't written outside before, I hightly recommend it! Especially at a park or other beautiful place.

No comments:

Post a Comment