Thursday, August 23, 2012

Home

I'm leaving tomorrow for Denver, CO for yet another semester of school at the lovely, tiny campus of Colorado Christian University. Moving into an apartment requires even more packing than moving into a dorm.

All the stuffing of clothes, books, bedding, cookery, etc. into boxes is one of the hardest parts of college, because you have to do it almost every year until you move somewhere off campus. I should be a packing pro by now, and I definintely know by now that rolling is better than folding.

Although all the packing and moving is annoying and exhausting, it has reminded me that nowhere on this Earth is truly my 'home'. My home is in Heaven, with the Lord, and how grateful I am that he wants me to live with him forever! I am so excited to taste the food that will be better than anything on this earth, hear music that brings tears of joy to my face, and ultimately dance in the prescence of my King!

But it is so easy to forget that this Earth is not our home. It is, after all, where we are living now, and everything in it yaps and yells at us to buy more, relax more, and make ourselves comfortable here. I definitely follow the world and listen to it more than I should. But thank the Lord Jesus that he won't stop pursuing me!! So world, flesh, and Satan, I have a few words for you: YOU ARE NOT MY LOVER, JESUS CHRIST IS, AND HE WILL BRING INTO HIS EMBRACE SOMEDAY. UNTIL THEN, I WILL FIGHT YOU IN HIS STRENGTH. So there! :) Let us gaze on Jesus, and be so in love with him that the darkness in this earth flees from us and people flock to his light in our souls.

Colossians 3:1-2 "Therfore if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your heart on things above, not on things that are on earth."

No comments:

Post a Comment