Thursday, August 2, 2012

Left My Heart in Mongolia...

This is a picture of the crazy highschool students I taught at the second half of camp. The first half of camp I taught middle schoolers, and they were not as crazy, but still fun. Each camp was about two weeks long. In-between the two camps, we went back to UB and experienced the Mongolian holiday, Naadam. It was awesome, as the whole trip was. During Naadam, we got to see horse races in the country (they were all 5-10 year olds riding a several kilometer race!), see big, fat men wrestling, and some archery.

Some of the highlights of the trip: seeing some of the students become interested in God and want a relationship with Him, washing my clothes and hair in the freezing river, my highschool students singing me a song at the end of class after I wanted to pummel all of them for talking, and living life with my teammates. It was an awesome trip, and most of me wants to still be in that vast, mountainous country. I'm still adjusting to being surrounded by white people :)

Sorry that I didn't blog very much over there, but we didn't have wifi out in the country, and in the city I was too busy. I can't wait to talk to you more about the trip, and let me know if you have any questions about it! God did some awesome things over there, and I can't wait to see what He has in store for the future of that country.
This is a typical ger that a family lives in out in the country. This one was on the outskirts of our camp and lived in, as you can see by the laundry. I didn't go in it, but some of my teammates got to teach in a ger, and we had several team meetings in one.

No comments:

Post a Comment