Monday, June 18, 2012

From California to Mongolia

Wow! I've been in California (and Nevada, had to see Vegas) with my family the last ten days or so. And yes, that picture is of a humpback whale. It and its calf came right next to our boat while whale watching in Monterey Bay. So awesome! God is truly amazing.

I wish I could talk about everything we saw and did on the trip, but that would probably just bore you. Some of the highlights were: waterfalls at Yosemite, giant sequoia trees, a spotted owl at Muir Forest and redwood trees, sea otters, sea lions, and harbor seals in Monterey Bay, humback whales and pacific white sided dolphins


while whale watching, unique rock formations with water gushing on them and the beautiful coastline of Big Sur. Why don't I live in California by the sea?!

It was a great trip, and on Thursday I leave for Mongolia to teach English. Woohoo! I won't have my computer, but there will be internet access, and hopefully computers. I'll try to write about my travels on this blog frequently, but I'm not exactly sure what our schedule will be like. I don't know if I will be able to upload photos over there either. I'll write as often as I can, so stay tuned! (If for some reason I can't access my blog, I will send out emails to friends and family about the trip, but check here first).

No comments:

Post a Comment